Brazil Salvador South Mission
March 2017-March 2019

Monday, September 25, 2017

Weekly in Valenca

Hey! This week was really good! 

So this week, we talked with Ravena, the girl we're going to baptize. were still teaching her, and starting teaching her friend. they decided they will both be baptized on October 14th! so hopefully it doesn't fall through this time, we're gonna work with her and pray like crazy!
Church was good! We didn't have seminary this week because we had to travel to Ilheus for zone conference.  on Wednesday, we went to the bus station to see when our bus was. Usually, it's overnight. we got there, and the guy said it would leave in an hour and a half. so we ran home, at lunch, packed our bags, and ran back to the bus station. barely made it in time, but we made it. We stayed the night with my second trainer! Elder Nascimento. It was good to see him again. All of my companions so far were at this conference, it was cool! 
but I did give a talk in church again. as sacrament started, my comp told me I was gonna give a talk. SoIi grabbed my scriptures and tried to prepared real quick. it was rough but good haha. 
The best part of this week was last night. we were at a recent converts house. they have a son named Antonio. He's awesome. He wanted to be like us, so he put a towel in his shirt, like a tie, and then on a piece of tape, he asked his dad to write ´´Elder Opfar´´ haha it was awesome. But the first time he spelled my name, he spelled it- Olpha haha I was dying laughing!
and last night, at his house, I tried mel de cacau.(honey of cacau) Cacau is the plant they use to make chocolate. It was super good. also, that same family gave us a bunch of fruit, so last night, I cut up a fruit called cupuaçu. It sucked, but it's really good. I put it in the freezer and we'll make juice with it today. 
 Also, I've been meaning to write this for 9 weeks now, but I finally remembered today! We have bats in our house! every night we hear them screaming. So last night, I took a picture

So basically that was my week. I have a lot of photos. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment