Brazil Salvador South Mission
March 2017-March 2019

Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 3 in Valença

Hey, so to start this email, This week, I found a list of people who gave me their email to put on this list, but I guess I forgot, so sorry to all those who missed the last 20 weeks of my mission, but hey, you're here now! 
This week was a very busy week.  
Tuesday- normal day, taught some people, traveled that night to Itabuna. There's an area there called California. So we stayed there, I slept on the nastiest mattress I've seen in my life haha. gotta love the mission.
Wednesday- we had zone conference. Had some training from President Bangerter, learned about teaching less actives, and giving baptismal dates. That night, we had a bus at 11:30, so we spent the rest of the day in Itabuna. I bought some ties, and we taught a lesson at a recent converts house there. They were awesome, such a cool family. The people here in Brazil are crazy, in the best way, and I love it.
Wednesday, we got back here at 3:45 in the morning, and I won't lie, we didn't wake up on time the next day, but we still had a good day. We taught some good lessons. 
Thursday- 1st service project. So we woke up, got ready, got a bus and went to Guaibim. It's the place where we baptize. There's a member who lives out there, he house a house and a hotel thing, right on the beach! But he always has things to do around there. . so me, and Elder Santos (not my companion) we got up on the roof, and we had to repair a partof it. It was super hot, and super sketchy, I was afraid I was gonna fall through, haha but it was all good we got it done. But also, there was a lid to a huge water tank that blew over and broke the roof. So we had to get it of the roof and put it back on the tank. I sent a picture of the tank. It was also super sketchy, and I got fiber glass all over me. But we got it done. After, we played with his dogs and his puppy. I removed coconuts from a palm tree for the first time, felt like a real Brazilian. After that, we went to the beach for a little bit. It was such a pretty view. After that we went home, showered, and went out to work.
Friday- we had another service project. There's a guy in our group, he's 16. His name is Charles. He is the only member in his family, and they were moving across the town, so we helped them move. we hade to take 2 trips with the van. well first, the van got stuck in the mud, so we had to get it unstuck. After we filled it up, we all jumped in the back and had to hold things down during the 10 minute journey haha. The road isn't great, so it was interesting. Also, one of us had to hold the door shut with a rope. So we did that 2 times. Also, they moved to a building, and live on the 3rd floor, so we carried everything up 3 floors. It was fun, and pretty much took all day. 
Saturday was a normal day of work! Really good teaching and finding.
Sunday- church was good. but before church, we went to search for investigators to bring. The first one was home, so we went to Diego. He was home, but he decided he doesn't want to recieve our messages anymore, and he joined another church. But a little kid at his house, Caio, he is 9, he really wanted to go to church with us, so we asked his mom if we could talk him. Long story short, he didn't come this week, but were gonna teach them this week, and they'll come next Sunday. so hopefully that works out. 
So for church, sacrament was normal, Halmir stole the water after. 
primary was good. We tried to teach the primary (4 kids, all recent converts of last transfer) we tried to teach them, ´´I am a child of God´´ to sing to their dads for Fathers Day. Well, they couldn't seem to get it, so when they sang it to their dads, me and Elder R. Santos sang with them, but we were the loudest. It was interesting. 
Last night, we went to the birthday party for a baby. There's a guy in our group, Marcus. He's 18. He's also the only member in his family, but we teach his mom. Well, his sister has a baby, and it was his birthday, and they invited us. After the party, me, Elder R Santos, and Marcus talked with his mom, and she approved that he can go on a mission! So tomorrow we're gonnas help him start his papers!

I want to challenge you all, anybody who has every been curious about Mormons. Find some missionaries, ask them for a Book of Mormon, it's free! and read 1 chapter. Any chapter. You will find it teaches of Jesus Christ. Say a pray, and ask if it is true. I know you you get an answer. 

I hope you all have an amzing, blessed week! 
-Elder Opfar






































No comments:

Post a Comment