Brazil Salvador South Mission
March 2017-March 2019

Monday, August 21, 2017

5 months!!!

hey, everyone! 
so, I hit 5 months today! crazy
so this was a good week here in valença. 

This week, we did some service at a members house. it was awesome. we had to clear out some weeds and trees and stuff. but he lives in front of the jungle, so we had to clear part of it. it was awesome. went into the jungle with a machete and just started hacking away. I saw the biggest ants I've ever seen in my life. I was a little scared, but it all turned out all right haha. 

we had lunch at an investigator's house. it was awesome. they made lasanha. oh, how I love the lasanha here. it is divine. 

This week, I was able to teach seminary. man, it was intimidating, the bible is hard for me to read in Portuguese because its verb conjugations that I don't study very much of. but it all turned out good, and I was able to teach it decently. 

a little spiritual experience of the week, we were teaching a family of recent converts about the plan of salvation. it was cool to see their enthusiasm and to hear their answers to our questions and how much they've learned already and to see their progress. Being on a mission is hard, but it is such a rewarding experience to see change in peoples lives because of our work.

sorry, this is a short email, and I don't have pictures, but I hope you all have a super good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment