Brazil Salvador South Mission
March 2017-March 2019

Monday, June 12, 2017

First Baptism

This week was really good! I'm loving it here. it is amazing! okay, ill start with the baptism! Josemir. He is amazing, we are the third set of missionaries to teach him.he has always been solid, just never been able to go to church. he had to work Sunday mornings, so for 2 weeks, we went to our ward, ran to lunch really quick, then went and picked him up, and got a ride to another ward a little farther away in Federeçâo. he is awesome. he had a desire to be baptized, and he is so happy with his decision. this church truly is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today. 
the hardest thing that happened was losing investigators.it'ss always sad when we take a name off our list! but I know were planting seeds, that hopefully one day something will change! 
something funny-yesterday, this drunk lady called us over to her and her family, and she was talking gibberish, and her family was behind her calling her crazy. but she was awesome haha. she told me she knows English, so I spoke english to her, and she looked confused, so I asked her if she understood and she said she doesnt know english. And the entire time, she was holding my hand really tight and wouldnt let me pull away hahah. but we gave them all pass along cards and were explaining our message. we have an appointment with her this week, that she may or may not rememebr about, but she promissed me a bunch of juivce and cake! haha so hopefully thatworks out! 

the best thing i ate, was yesterday. it was 2 types of lasagna. I don't know how to explçain it but it was divine. irmã dalva made it, she's in our ward, but she also cooks for the mission! so at zone conference or stuff at the mission president's house, she cooks! she is amazing, and a blessing to have in our ward! 
I pretty much like all the food here! this week we made pastels(kinda like an empanada) and we got a bunch of tapioca from this place elder high goes to a lot. the worker loves elder high! tapioca is one of my favorite things here, they put like beef, bacon, brisket and cheese, and other stuff in it. you can also put fruit in it. whatever you want. it's amazing. we make it in the apartment sometimes!
the food here is amazing. I love love love the food here! 
well, I don't have a whole lot else, I hope you all have a great week! 



You knew it wouldn't take Parker long to find a machete...LOL!!  He said that another elder bought them to cut coconuts and left them in the apartment.



FIRST BAPTISM!!!






Parker's district messing around...they sure have fun together!







No comments:

Post a Comment